Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My First Unscheduled Eve Downtime

I just experienced my first downtime in Eve Online. Apparently the node containing Jita went down and required a reboot of the whole shard. I thought there might be problems when I logged in since there were almost 49,000 pilots logged in when I logged in around GMT. I know that Eve is famous for the amount of players it can support, but I kind of wondered.

Once I logged out at 2230 GMT, I logged onto Eve Radio and listened to the Eve-Radio Mega Lottery. Not quite my type of music, but it helped pass the time.

I was able to get into the game about 2311 GMT, which was 11 minutes after the original time given to be able to get back into the game. I didn't think that was too bad.

I did learn one thing from the downtime. It looks like asteroids respawned after the reboot. At least it did in the asteroid belt I was mining in. So unscheduled reboots = more mining opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete