Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Shawn Schuster Leaves Massively.com

In a bit of news I missed, Massively.com Editor-In-Chief Shawn Schuster is leaving Massively.com and handing over his duties to Brianna Royce on 30 September.  Shawn took over the reigns in 2009, succeeding Michael Zenke when the man formerly identified as one of the top 50 gaming journalists moved on to work on SOE's DC Universe Online.

I got to know Shawn's work when I covered podcasting; first when he teamed up with Zonk as the original hosts of Massively Speaking and then later when he partnered with Jonathan Morris to produce Through The Aftermath.  I enjoyed both podcasts immensely and stopped listening to Massively Speaking when Shawn gave up his hosting duties.  For those wanting to listen to him one more time, he hosted this week's edition of Massively Speaking.  On the podcast Shawn indicated that the transistion to Brianna should be smooth as she had been running more and more things behind the scenes over the past few months.

I'm not sure exactly how the Eve community will take the news of Brianna taking the reigns of Massively.  Oh, who am I kidding, I know exactly what is going to happen.  The tin-foil hats are going to come out because of Brianna's open declaration that she doesn't like Eve, and more particularly the Eve community, although she may get points from many because she really doesn't like Goons.  I do have to be careful, because not only was the post written on 1 April, but she did mention me, although without attribution or linkage, in an unfavorable light due to my conclusion in the post "The Rise of Eve's Pajamahadeen?" I do have to admit that the thought of Arydanika driving around beating up gaming journalists is kind of funny.

I will say that Shawn will be missed and I wish him the best of luck as he moves on to take care of his farm full-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment