Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What Now?

I like to think I know what's going on with CCP's development around EVE Online.  Yeah, right.  I got schooled a little today by UI developer extraordinaire, CCP Karkur.  She sent out a tweet yesterday featuring a screenshot of her flying a Thanatos in Thera.  No, she wasn't using dev hacks; she has her own development server.  Since she likes to debut new UI features with these types of tweets, I'll post the screenshot below and let you try to determine what she added.

What did CCP Karkur Add?

Give up?  Look in the lower right hand corner.  That's right, drone damage will soon display when the drones are in your drone bay.  Pretty cool, right?

However, that's not what caught my attention.  I just showed the screenshot.  But she actually included a link to a web page.  Notice anything?

How did I miss this site?
Is EVE Online: Now a new website?  I'd never heard of this site until CCP Karkur's tweet.  I looked at the EVE Community website and didn't see a reference either.  I'll just chalk my lack of knowledge of the website's existence to senility.

The layout kind of reminds me of a Google Plus page, except much better looking.  The content is pretty interesting, ranging from the gifs showing off the physically based rendering to the Soundcloud recording of the Phoebe theme to Jonny Pew's video about Thera.  So if you're like me and just missed the launch of the new site, go ahead and bookmark now.eveonline.com now.  I don't think you'll regret it.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a "tumblr" site (see upper right corner) and it wasn't announced anywhere, no senility on your side :)
    Oh, and I'll bet 100 ISK that we will see a turret based Ice Miner! (see those new small shattered wormholes - they have ice but only frigates/destroyer can enter them... and those can't fit Ice Harvester) icemining Ventures and Prospects incoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A concerned MinmatarNovember 19, 2014 at 8:23 AM

    Those roids look very strange...

    ReplyDelete